Brigidine College is dedicated to the implementation of an effective and highly influential Pastoral Care program – a program that aligns with our Catholic mission and our academic learning to ensure that each student thrives holistically.
St Brigid’s Mantle encourages all students to develop confidence in who they are and how they can become the best version of themselves: to be strong, capable and courageous in all their endeavours in school and in life.
The Pastoral Care program implemented at Brigidine College seeks to develop:
A strong Brigidine girl:
- Through the recognition that alignment must be evident between faith, learning and pastoral care
- Through providing professional learning to staff so to build capacity in their knowledge and skills to support and encourage students as they grow and mature
- Through understanding and monitoring effectively the wellbeing data of each student
A capable Brigidine girl:
- Through developing a tailored and highly successful study skills program to increase motivation, build confidence and lift exam performance
- Through providing opportunities and fostering an environment that makes student wellbeing and partnerships with parents and the broader community visible
A courageous Brigidine girl:
- Through the deepening of staff and student awareness of the Positive Enhanced Education Curriculum (PEEC), key concepts of wellbeing are explored so that our students are encouraged to live healthy and fulfilling lives
- Through aligning each year group with a pillar of the charism of St Brigid, the College develops a pastoral care vision that underpins our purpose to grow strong in faith, alive to learning and evolve as B.R.A.V.E. young women.